A friend and I have embarked on a literary adventure this semester. Together we are hoping to read a book a week and an author a month. January was Augustine, we read the Confessions, On Free Choice of the Will, and On Christian Doctrine. February is Kierkegaard and we are currently tackling his book "Works of Love." I am beyond fascinated and convicted by his writings; and although difficult I would highly recommend this particular text. He truly derives what it means to love God, and it lies in stark contrast to the socially constructed definition of love. I am going to try and post excerpts of the books I am reading, highlighting some of points that stick out most to me.
'God loves everyone the same, but he favors some more than others.' This was my Facebook status today and it has generated a few responses which is great! It is rather an offensive thought to many Christians, since we are culturally preconditioned towards 'sameness'. The church has been molded to fit this ideal which is actually contrary to God's plan for the body of Christ. It seems wrong to say that God would choose favorites. In fact Romans 2:11 says that God does not choose favorites; however, it is clear that this passage is talking about favoritism in terms of ethnicity and/or social status. But scripture reveals that God does show his favor in different ways. We will look at two of those ways; 1. Reward for good works and 2. Spiritual Anointing. I have a friend who was given a diamond from the Lord just a couple days ago. I have heard testimonies about this happening but have never seen it myself. When she showed it to me I was still skeptical but ...

Comments
Post a Comment